Start a new topic

Issue with smps300r

Issue with smps300r

I bought two smps300r's and 4 t1's. I noticed one of the power supplies was making a very light clicking noise and the voltage fluctuates from 35 to 37 roughly. The other power supply is solid at 36V and I can't hear any clicking. I connected one supply to two t1's and the other supply to the other two t1's, with a common ground, keeping the + voltage separate. The clicking or voltage fluctuations is making its way into the audio. When I mute the audio, there is a light thump-thump sound coming from the speakers. I turned up the volume on the pre-amp and the power supply died completely. I removed the bad supply and powered all 4 t1's from the one good supply and it sounds good. I then plugged in the bad supply without a load and it is outputting 35-37 volts, still clicks, and still fluctuates. I noticed that when I connect a load, it seems to be drawing more current than I would expect. For instance, when I connect a T1 to it, even with the T1 turned off, I measured .4 to .6 amps. What are some things I can check? Does this sound like maybe a bad voltage regulator maybe?
maybe it's something about your connectiong, could you post a picture?
What if you try to connect one smps to one amp, what happens then ?
I have connected it to one amp. It does the same thing. Even when it's not connected to any amps, just 120v input, it still ticks and the voltage still bounces. The other power supply voltage is rock solid.
maybe it was beat up in shipment. Can you look at it closely to see if you can see any signs of shipping damage? Anyway, contact us privately to resolve this.
Login or Signup to post a comment