Start a new topic

T2 special version with mundorf mcap

T2 special version with mundorf mcap

hi there, i see T2 special version with mundorf mcap is sold out. do you know when they will be available again?? i really want this amp!!

also, the text on the T2 sta505 says that for 8ohm speaker T1 is recommended.

is this different for the T2 sta510a, do they function well with 8ohms (only half output power), is thd any different with 8 and 4ohm speakers?

many thanks
hi there, i see T2 special version with mundorf mcap is sold out. do you know when they will be available again?? i really want this amp!!

also, the text on the T2 sta505 says that for 8ohm speaker T1 is recommended.

is this different for the T2 sta510a, do they function well with 8ohms (only half output power), is thd any different with 8 and 4ohm speakers?

many thanks

I can answer part of your answers.

The T2 can drive 8ohm and 4ohm, but it will produce more heat than T1 when driving 8ohm loads. That's why we suggest T1 as recommended.

T2 sta510A will drive lower down to 2ohm load, but it's almost same when drive 8ohm using same power supply.

When you select a board, to drive a 4ohm load will output more power than 8ohm (same power supply voltage).

Regards.

yubing
ok, thanks. just need to know if more will be available now!!

cheers

also, regarding 'SMPS300R 38V 230V (for T1 sta510a)'...

1. i assume i can use this for the T2 sta510a (mundorf)?
2. i am a complete noob, i can have AC as input for this supply and output will be DC as needed, correct?
3. i am thinking of housing this in a seperate case to the amp. is there any reason, performance related, why i shouldn't do this?
4. would i need a tiny fan on this housing to keep the power supply from overheating?

many thanks, sorry if i should've started another thread regarding this matter
yes, that psu is suitable. Yes connect AC, it will give 38VDC out. Please take care when doing this, as there is 230V on board.
should be ok in a seperate case.
No fan should be needed, at lease if you leave some extra room inside the case. If the case is just the size of the T2 then it might get too warm.
T2 510a mundorf should be in stock in mid/end march.
great stuff, many thanks. if i have any more questions during construction, should i ask them here or in the 2050 thread at DIY forums? (obviously i'll try and read/search as much as possible before asking)
I'll try to respond if you ask here. Others might respond on diyaudio.com
edit: actually, i know you're busy so i'll ask below question over at diyaudio. if you wouldn't mind just confirming my assumption that this board has no speaker protection (other than power on delay to avoid 'pop'), is that right?

just ordered this board! my denon amp cuts out if there's too much load on the speaker to prevent them blowing.

i'm guessing that this amp does not have this feature? if that's right, could you just give me right terminology/name to hunt around for a small ready made board with this function that i can add between the amp and speakers? (or does that sort of thing have to be integrated to amp board in the begining?)

many thanks

edit: i think i've found them on auction site under 'speaker protection board', some say 'power delay (3 seconds) and DC protection', is this right thing to aim for?
Hi, the amps have speaker protection! they will shut down under various circumstances (DC on output ..)
Login or Signup to post a comment