Start a new topic

Powering on T3s problem

Powering on T3s problem

Im having some trouble powering on my 2xT3s boards,

I plug in the amps and the led indicator on the connex 500smps and amp light for 2-3 seconds then dim out. If i retry to plug the amp in nothing lights up.

After this fault i read 1.5v coming off psu that slowly drains, once it gets to 300mv or less the amp might power on again..

If the amp starts up correctly it will play fine all day long without issue, and the psu reads 48v stable.

Am i missing something?
Do you connect both T3S to one smps500r? Try to connect only one and let us know if that works better.
nope, using 2 smps. the only things common between the 2 amps are the wall outlet (which reads 118v) the 18g copper speaker for power connections and the source (pc) ive tried several different things no real change. I will confirm today but im pretty sure the smps without the amp connected will not restart after being turned off/on right away.

i just tried them again, using a power strip this time as a switch. amp2 came on, relays latched fine, amp1 lit up (no relay) and dimmed out. Turned off/on, nothing from either amp. Waited 5 min, amp2 came on amp1 lit and dimmed out again.
talked to cristi, its in rush causing over current protection from the psu. I put a 10r 5w resistor in series with the dc and the amp didnt shut down after being turned on/off.
talked to cristi, its in rush causing over current protection from the psu. I put a 10r 5w resistor in series with the dc and the amp didnt shut down after being turned on/off.
soo.. is there any documentation on how the power down feature works? cristi sent me instructions on what resistors to change out on the psu to adjust the OCP, but where they are located.. man i dont think im going to try.. so right now i have 2x 1r 3watt resistors on the DC lines. any other ideas maybe?
Login or Signup to post a comment