Start a new topic

T1 has high inrush current frying switches and relays - 1Ω between + and - at startup

T1 has high inrush current frying switches and relays - 1Ω between + and - at startup

I connected 4 T1's to DC SSR's. Three out of 4 worked. on the one that did not, I noticed that when I measure the resistance across the + and - power in terminals, initially there is very little resistance, on the order of 1Ω or so, essentially a closed circuit which would facilitate a tremendous inrush current. The resistance increases to infinite (open circuit) over a couple of seconds. The other three amps don't have this issue so I think there is something wrong with that particular T1 amp, althought it still works and sounds good. Are there any troubleshooting steps or should I send this one back? I don't mind making the repairs myself if we can figure out what is wrong.

Thanks
I connected 4 T1's to DC SSR's. Three out of 4 worked. on the one that did not, I noticed that when I measure the resistance across the + and - power in terminals, initially there is very little resistance, on the order of 1Ω or so, essentially a closed circuit which would facilitate a tremendous inrush current. The resistance increases to infinite (open circuit) over a couple of seconds. The other three amps don't have this issue so I think there is something wrong with that particular T1 amp, althought it still works and sounds good. Are there any troubleshooting steps or should I send this one back? I don't mind making the repairs myself if we can figure out what is wrong.

Thanks

Hi, sorry for that.

I think you can check the appearance of board first, and try to find something wrong (some part damaged by shipping for example). And a picture may be helpful for me to identify the problem.

Yubing
Login or Signup to post a comment