Start a new topic

DDX320.v2 with SMPS300 30 dual rail powersupply

DDX320.v2 with SMPS300 30 dual rail powersupply

Hi everybody,

I'm the happy owner of the brandnew DDX :D but with a dual rail SMPS300 powersupply:(

If someone could please help me :

Is-it possible to use the DDX320.V2 (wich is only + DC 30V) with the SMPS300 +/- 30 V with only connecting the positive and the GND outputs to the input power of the DDX300 ?

Can I let the - 30 V of the SMPS output without wiring (no connected) ? Is there a simple diy to turn my dual rail SMPS -/+ 30 v in a mono positive SMPS to double current output ?

Anybody knows howmuch is the maximum current output capability for the DDX300.v2 chip with the SMPS300 fixed at 30 V (for a 4 homs or a 6 homs speakers in my case) ?

Thank-you in advance,

Best regards

Eldam
Hi Edam,

I assume you mean the main 2.0 channels not the additional .1 channel provided by a seperate chip? The specs for this amp are given as 2x65W at 4 Ohm so it would be 2x4=8 amp. The specs for the chip itself are at www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL.../CD00047503.pdf and give 2x100W at 6 Ohm and 36V, which would also implying 8A.

As regards the power supply I would be inclined to simply get another of the correct voltage , but you could try asking the question of Connext to see if a modification is possible.

Rgds,

Rob.
Hi Edam,

I assume you mean the main 2.0 channels not the additional .1 channel provided by a seperate chip? The specs for this amp are given as 2x65W at 4 Ohm so it would be 2x4=8 amp. The specs for the chip itself are at www.st.com/internet/com/TECHNICAL.../CD00047503.pdf and give 2x100W at 6 Ohm and 36V, which would also implying 8A.

As regards the power supply I would be inclined to simply get another of the correct voltage , but you could try asking the question of Connext to see if a modification is possible.

Rgds,

Rob.

Hi Rob,

Yes just for the 2 mains channels. thank you for your answer. 8 amps is enough I think for listening gently my kef 104/2 (4 homs/200 W max). Yes good idea for asking to Connex.

Any idea for the use of the dual rail SMPS without DIY modification with only use the gain and the the + rail outputs... I try to use my voltmeter in first intention to check + 30 V... but I've a poor knowledge in electronic....

I finish to put the amp & the power supply in a single bootle wood case of french Fine Champagne : ideal proportion !
Hi

I viewed the Connex-Elecronic website :

answer is on the page of the 300 SMPS RE:

"Enhanced Version of the existing SMPS300R, with dual CLC filter on the output section and compact profile power transformer, suitable for low-noise and high-end Power Amplifiers, both Class AB and Class D/T. It uses Half Bridge resonant topology, capable of delivering 300W continuous and up to 400W peak power for audio applications. Can be configured for single output voltage or for dual output voltage, in range of 24V to 48V or +-24V to +-45V"

So it' s ok for mono voltage but with decrease of curent by 2 for the dual RE version. I've bought to fat this supply at my local dealer cause it as no mono version left !

Regards
I'm not saying you are wrong here, and after all you actually have one of these in front of you and I don't, but I am a bit sceptical.

I rather got the impression that the power supply is indeed available in both single and dual rail forms and configured for various voltages but those are factory variants on the same basic design rather than just being able to use one rail. The smsp300re item has a link out to the products web page at "www.connexelectronic.com%2Fdocuments%2FSMPS300R.pdf&osCsid=ukl8g63s81fu1elcvrb2q5j353" which I presume you have read? Amongst a lot of useful info it includes:

"Two types of power supplies are configured using the same PCB layout, single main output voltage or dual output voltage .... This setup is done during manufacture and cannot be easily changed by user ... Make sure you choose the proper version while placing the order"

That said the description seems to be for a spms300r not re so maybe it is different and details on your model are undocumented but better. Maybe.
Login or Signup to post a comment