Start a new topic

Power supply voltage advice

Power supply voltage advice

Hello, i purchased a DDX320 a few days ago, and am trying to decide on what power supply is necessary for my particular speaker application.

The system will be configured in a 2.1 setup, using the following speakers-

2x Acoustic Research 215ps 8ohm 100w rms for stereo l/r

1x Sony SS-WSB102 3 ohm 130w rms subwoofer.

I plan on purchasing this power supply-

AGT S-350-36 36V 350w 32-40v adjustable switching ac/dc supply. I assume this is a fairly ideal substitute for a meanwell, and available stateside. The vpp is the same, and i feel confident its more than adequate for the application, just am unsure about what voltage to set it at.

I know i'm well within the saftey margin as far as if it can supply enough power wattage for the speakers/dac/amp, my question is what voltage should i set the supply to for this particular speaker configuration?

Thanks-
Hi, you could use max 36V, I would adjust it to 35V to be sure it's not above.
Thanks!

One more question, suppose i wanted an additional analog input, with two of the optical toslinks in use and one of the coax digital in use, is this possible? Is there a pinset on the board i could wire a 3.5mm stereo input jack to for an analog input source?

I'd like to have 3 digital inputs, one from a laptop usb digital optical toslink source, one from a desktop digital optical toslink source, and one from a component digital htpc source, with an additional analog input for my phone or another analog stereo source.

If theres a way to do this without an additional ADC, and you could instruct me how to accomplish it, it would be much appreciated. If i need a ADC, thats cool too, just would like to know if i need to purchase an ADC unit, or if its unnecessary. As well, would the remote allow switching between these four sources? Or am i limited to a 3 input source selection?

Or would a ADC converter be required for this application? I assume this could be integrated into the amplifier enclosure with a cmos adc, or spdif adc wired to the additional input source pins on the board, and just mount the 3.5mm female jack to the enclosure i plan on putting the amp in. If it could be powered off the board itself somehow without an external dc supply that would be nice, but i understand if thats not possible. Just wondering if its possible, and how to if so.

Thanks-
Hi, this amp can only accept digital signal, so no it's not possible to connect an analog signal.
Login or Signup to post a comment