Start a new topic

HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC w/ bad jack connection

HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC w/ bad jack connection

Hi,

I received my Sabre USB DAC two weeks ago and everything went fine. No drivers needed, got it working as soon as I plugged it. A couple days ago I started to get audio through the right channel only. The first thing I did was check Windows settings. Nothing wrong there. Double checked my speaker cables, tried my headphones and got the same problem. Is there anything that I can do to fix it?

I don't know if this makes any difference, but I've been using the DAC with my amplified monitors and disconnected the cables two times since I received it so I could move my computer. I'm also using Windows 7 64 bit and foobar2000.

I'd appreciate any help!

Thanks!
Hi, I'm sorry about that. And we are using very good quality jack now to prevent the problem.

A simple way to see if the connector is bad or not is trying to twist the 3.5 plug. It might be the DAC chip got wrong if you get Left channel work after that.
yubing,

I twisted the connector, moved it, jiggled it and got no luck. If this was a DAC chip problem, wouldn't I get no sound at all?
The ES9023 might got one channel problem only, always change chip to repaire.
Hm, I didn't know that. Well, I'll return the faulty unit and wait for a new one to arrive. Back to onboard soundcard for a while. :(
Login or Signup to post a comment