Start a new topic

New to forum - Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC and late 2012 Imac set up problems

New to forum - Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC and late 2012 Imac set up problems
1 Comment

I have recently purchased and yesterday received aSabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC. Wanting to make use of an old pair of Mission 760 speakers, I had previously bought an SMSL SA-S3 TA2021 B amp and this had been working well enough with a 3.5mm jack to RCA lead from the headphone socket. When I plugged the DAC into the iMac via a USB port (and then connected the DAC to the amp etc.) I lost all sound (or rather, it flipped back to the internal speakers on the mac). The mac recognises the DAC (Utilities/System Info confirms this) - but changing ports has made no difference. I've been to System Preferences/Sound/Output and highlighted the DAC (so again the mac knows its there) and to Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup/Output and highlighted it there (it's currently set at 44100.0 Hz / 2ch-24bit Integer) but still I can't get any sound. The red light is on etc., on the DAC. I've plugged the thing into my wife's computer but have had no success there either. My audio player is only iTunes but I'd be prepared to consider others if that would help (I hadn't been aware of others until today...).

Please help someone. I'm getting really fed up...
Login or Signup to post a comment