Start a new topic

T1 v2.2A low output, board missing components?

T1 v2.2A low output, board missing components?

I finally put together the T1, everything worked great in the first try. Dead silent even with volume at max, clear transparent sound, but very very low output, no way this is 2x100Watts at 8Ohm. I mean I did a 1:1 comparison with a TA2020 amp (same source, DAC, Speakers), and the T1 was just barely louder. Someone here on the forum suggested changing the input resistors, so I took the board out again, and discovered on the bottom side there are a couple of components missing! Specifically R2 and C2 (SMD, see photos attached)). Is this intentional or there is a mistake? Could this have anything to do with my low output issue? If not, on v2.2 which are the input resistors I should change to increase gain?

Thanks!

Hi, this is normal. This board requires a full line level input to product max output. Some other amps require a lower input to reach max output.
Exchange R17 and R18 to increase output. Double to 40K will double the gain.
Thanks! I'll try it when I get some 40K SMDs
Project left aside for some months... now coming back to it, if I replace the afformentioned resistors to 40K how much will the input sensitivity become? Originally 1.5V, will it be 3V or 0.75V? I'm looking to match the input sensitivity to the miniDSP output of 0.9V, what's the correct value of the resistors to achieve this?
Login or Signup to post a comment